20 December 2013

The Investmet Checklist of Amanah Saham Nasional Berhad for AS 1Malaysia: Review

In Malaysia, besides those investment fund (or unit trust fund) that provided by private sectors, Amanah Saham (AS) Nasional Berhad also provides this kind of financial products for Malaysian to manage their hard earned money via long term investment.  Typically, the return of the AS fund is much attractive compared to fixed deposit. Moreover, due to its historical profit records, many people have perceived that this investment tool is zero risk.  Nonetheless, I should highlight that all investment has risks and all investors are responsible to find out this information. 
 

Motivation

In this post, I am not going to encourage or convince you to do any investment decision. Rather, I would like to share some information that I found interesting from the annual report of the Amanah Saham (AS) 1Malaysia. According to the investment strategy that written in the annual report of the Amanah Saham (AS) 1Malaysia 2013, five investment criteria have been highlighted by the fund manager as follows:

Five Investment Criteria

  1. Business with strong fundamental - "asas perniagaan yang kukuh"
  2. Good business prospect - "prospek masa depan yang cerah"
  3. Market price is undervalued - "saham-saham yang diniagakan di bawah harga wajar"
  4. The profits of the business is expected to grow strongly - "dijangkakan mencatatkan pertumbuhan pendapatan korporat yang mantap"
  5. Attractive dividend return - "pulangan dividen yang tinggi"

Comments

Surprise, surprise, and surprise.  The investment strategy applied by the fund manager is generally similar to what most value investors practise and advocate in the market.  In other words, value investing strategy may be suitable for you to manage a fund that is more than RM 9 billion. 

Something else

Recently, I was thinking to stop my AS 1Malaysia investment because my portfolio outperformed the fund in the last few years. However, since -
  1. AS 1Malaysia only has limited quota,
  2. I only have insignificant fund on AS 1Malaysia, and 
  3. their investment strategy is very acceptable for me,
I decide to continue this investment as parts of my investment learning journey.

That's all for today. I hope my Bahasa and my understanding about what were wrote in the annual report is correct. If you are interested in studying the annual report, I believe that you can download an e-copy from the AS official website.  More fascinating articles and sharing will be updated weekly in Xaivier Blog. So, you are welcome to subscribe our feed to receive our weekly updates

Written by: Xaivier Chia

P/S: The above sharing is solely based on personal insight and information that believed to be reliable. Your valuable feedback are very welcome.

Advertisements:

No comments:

Post a Comment