31 October 2012

Everything is Electronic Now: Bursa Malaysia SMS me!

"RM0.00 COMPANY NAME dividend RM AMOUNT paid out to your bank a/c on DATE - Bursa Depository."

This is the first SMS from Bursa Malaysia to my personal mobile phone. It tells me that one my invested company bank-in dividend to me. What a good idea. However, why it is just started to be implemented? Maybe nobody thought this idea previously. Or simply because the technology is just completed (due to security issues, most of the time).

Apparently, Bursa Malaysia will save lots of cost via SMS compared to mailing a hard copy of an announcement to its users. However, if Bursa Malaysia does not mail a hard copy to me, then how can I keep a record to tax assessment? Simply keep the SMS? Hmmm... maybe I am going to receive a hard copy as well. If yes, then it looks like some extra cost is needed.

Too many question marks in my mind. As a rule of thumb to solve such problem - just wait and see.


Written by: Xaivier Chia

(P/S:  The above sharing is solely based on personal insight. Please do not take it seriously. However, your valuable feedbacks are very welcome. )</


Advertisements:

No comments:

Post a Comment