03 January 2014

Are You Willing to Give Up High-Paying Job and Follow your Passion?

Last couple of days, after my friend told me about he had accepted a low paying job because the job scope is what he is really interested in. His salary is suddenly reduced at least 33% due to this decision. Surprisingly, without any hesitating, I spontaneously fully support his decision. After re-thinking about this 'brave' decision his made, I found out that I have changed quite significantly in terms of my mind set. This is because if the same situation occurred in the last 5 years, I believe that I was going to 'consult' he to re-think the decision. Thus, I decide to record this case in my blog to remind myself that I am not a slave to money.

A Slave to money

I believe that all of us are not trying to be slaves of money. But, somehow, we are just too fascinated by the 'power' of money. We even somehow believe that money can overcome our problems. In a matter of fact that we are always too busy to do what we supposedly to do (such as working, playing, interacting with other, and enjoying spending money), consequently, we rarely re-think what we really want in our life from our inner heart. 
 

Money versus Value

Money, supposedly, is a tool to 'store' the value we have produced. Value, on the other hand, is the things that we have produced that benefit to other people in this world. In other words, the ultimate way to earn money is to create value to other people, by providing goods or services.
 

Rationale to Follow your Passion

I do see many people who are unhappy with their jobs yet still continuing to do the same unhappy things, daily. Consequently, most of them spend most of their money in order to 'reducing stress' via 'entertainment', 'show-off' and so on.
 
My argument is quite simple - if you really enjoy your works daily, then do you need to reduce stress? do you need entertainment every night? In other words, taking a job that you are passionate about can ultimately reduce many unnecessary (or even unhealthy) expenses in your life.
 

A Passion that Produce Value

Please don't get me wrong. I am not asking you to quit your job and do what you are enjoying (especially, playing game, chatting around). What you need is to find a passion that you can create VALUE to other. For example, somebody love cooking, then they definitely create huge value (so, the money) if all their customers love their dishes.
 
For me, life is a journey to find discover what we are really passionate about and how to use our passion to create value to this world. That's all for today. More fascinating articles and sharing will be updated weekly in Xaivier Blog. So, you are welcome to subscribe our feed to receive our latest sharings.

Written by: Xaivier Chia

P/S: The above sharing is solely based on personal insight and information that believed to be reliable. Your valuable feedback are very welcome.


Advertisements:

No comments:

Post a Comment