25 April 2014

Claim Application for Car Accidant: Etiqa Insurance Review


Having a car or vehicle insurance is compulsory for us to renew road tax annually and bring our vehicle on road. This requirement is essential to provide certain "protection" for all road users.

Recently, an unfortunate event occurred in my life - my car "accidentally kissed" other car. In this post, I am going to summarize my experience of making a claim from my insurer (i.e. Etiqa).

1. Calm down

When unfortunate event has happened, the first step is to be calm down, and do not try to blame other. Then, please check whether anyone has been injured. If it is serious, then call for medicate assistance from nearest hospital.

2. Take evidences

One way to take evidences is to use our mobile phone to take pictures from different angles on important things. Besides, we should also need to record (at least) the name and mobile phone of the other party for communication purpose.

3. Make a (traffic) Police Report

After that, both parties can go to nearest traffic police station together to log a report. Please take note that only traffic police station handles traffic matters.

Since my car was the one kissed the other, I was considered "losing control"  and fined by traffic police.

4. Contact Nearest Insurance Agency

Since my car is protected under Etiqa Auto Insurance, all I need to do was bring all requirement documents (that were, the original police report, duplicate versions of my driving license, Identity Card, Car registration, and Insurance note.

Once the Etiqa Agency/workshop submitted the claim application on the same day I sent my car to the workshop, the Etiqa insurer sent an SMS to me to acknowledge the application. Besides, a link was provided in the SMS for me to check the status of the claim application online. Personally, I must admit that I really love this kind of efficient service provided by Etiqa.

5. Pick up our car

Since the damage of my car was around 20%, the claim was approved within 3 days. Again, another warming SMS was sent by Etiqa to inform me about this update.

The time of processing is much faster than what I was told by many people about auto insurers.

In short, I was able to pick up my car within one week.

My opinion

My motivation to choose Etiqa insurance is that the insurer provides a direct 10% debate. This rebate is reasonable because agent's commission is no longer needed for online purchasers.

Initially, most people around me discouraged me to buy auto insurance online. Their argument was - if anything happens, you need an agent to help you to make claim because claim application is troublesome and bla bla bla. Well, based on my recent experience, I still do not buy that argument. 

That's all for today. More fascinating articles and sharing will be updated weekly in Xaivier Blog. So, you are welcome to subscribe our feed to receive our weekly updates.


Written by: Xaivier Chia

P/S: The above sharing is solely based on personal insight and information that believed to be reliable. Your valuable feedback are very welcome.


Advertisements:

2 comments:

will vs will said...

so is Etiqa auto insurance service ok? satisfying?

Xaivier Chia said...

Hi, so far so good based on my previous experience because there is a panel workshop in my area.

Post a Comment