15 March 2013

Six Reasons to have Printed / Hardcopy Books instead of e-book

It is undeniable that the invention of electronic archive saves lots of our space to store those apparent important yet unnecessary files and documents. E-archive is much accessible due to its powerful index system that let us easily to find a wanted document faster and easier. Consequently, lots of information is accessible from Internet via Google Search Engine.
 
Since I am going to receive my 1Malaysia Book voucher in the coming few weeks, I think it is the time for me to figure a good reason for me to own a printed book. Firstly, I will identify those e-friendly book that will be excluded from my must-buy list. Then, I will finalise few criteria to help me make a better decision for the coming book shopping.

E-friendly book

There are lots of useful e-friendly books or contents. I can get what I want easily via my finger-tip plus a powerful index system from Internet. Thus, the chance for me to buy a dictionary is almost zero. In short, those e-friendly content should not be considered since it appears to be redundant and waste our limited resources.
 

To buy a printed / hard copy Book

 

1. For collection

Of course, we have a chance to ask the author to sign on the book. In addition, these kind of collectible books will enrich our mini library.
 

2. E-book is not available

There are few fascinating or important books available in printed version. Thus, the only chance to read them is to own them physically.
 

3. Reading habit

I have used to put my unfinished book in visible places that reminds me to read it when I pass-by these areas. This really helps me to complete many reading tasks.
 

4. Share with friends

When my friends visit my place, I can share my collection with them physically.
 

5. The three dimension (3-D) feeling

Personally, I enjoy 3-D more than 2-D. Printed book will tell you where you are: in the begining, middle or last few pages of the book, physically. In addition, printed book let readers know that the cover and size of books supposedly are different.
 

6. A Inspiring Collection

A printed book that collects fascinating inspiring short stories will be considered as well. Because this kind of books is very useful to 'fill-in' tiny free time in my life, e.g. the 10 mins before sleep, the 10 min to wait somebody and the 5 min to wait traffic light.
 
After write down these criteria, the next job is go for smart book hunting in nearest book shop. That's all for today. More fascinating articles and sharing will be updated from time to time in Xaivier Blog. So, you are welcome to subscribe our feed, look at our sitemap or simply visit our Homepage for latest sharing.

Written by: Xaivier Chia


Advertisements:

No comments:

Post a Comment