30 April 2013

Link Maybank Debit Card to Paypal for eBay purchase from Malaysia

Finally, I have successfully made my first purchase from eBay. Undeniable, there are plenty goods available in eBay that are quite difficult to be find in local. The main problem I faced was to make a payment to sellers.
 
The most widely accepted payment method in eBay may be Paypal. Interestingly, some sellers only allow Paypal verified members to be their customers for security issues. Thus, Paypal appears to be indispensable for us to make a deal in eBay.
 
For international purchases, US dollar may be the most convenient currency. Due to the fact that I cannot convert my RM (Malaysia dollar) to US dollar in my Paypal account, the use of credit card appears to be my last resort. For consumers who do not have a credit card, debit card is now accepted by Paypal to make payment. Nonetheless, please make sure you have enough balance in my saving account when you use your debit card.
 
The following three steps summarise the ways I used to buy my interested goods from eBay.
 

1. Maybank Debit Card to PayPal

First thing first. The first thing is to set a limit of my purchase via Maybank ATM. After that, register/login your Paypal account. Then, add your debit card to your Paypal account. (P/S: Before that, I set 'no purchase' via Maybank ATM. Consequently, Paypal was unable to add my debit account. It costed me few hours to figure out that was wrong)
 

2. To be verified Paypal user 

Simply click on verify option that available in your Paypal account. RM10 from your credit / debit card account will be deduced for this verification. You need to key-in the number that appears on your statement (please follow Paypal comprehensive instruction if confused) to verify your credit / debit card. After that verification, the RM10 will be return to your Paypal account. For my case, no fee has been charged.
 

3. Link eBay to Paypal

To link your Paypal account to your eBay account, you need to login your eBay account first. Click on "My eBay", then select "Account". In that section, you should find an option to add your Paypal account.
 
After these three simple steps, you shall be able to buy your interested goods from international sellers via eBay.
 

Somethings that shall be considered:

  1. Make sure the address in your PayPal account is the address for your shipment. For security purpose, sellers tend to ship the goods to the address that stated in your Paypal.
  2. Make sure your Password is a combination of number and alphabet for security purpose.
  3. To have a good reputation. Buy and pay what you want. Don't play cheating or stupid in eBay.
  4. Contact seller for any enquiry before make any purchase.
  5. For debit card user, make sure your bank account have enough money for payment.
That's all for today. More fascinating articles and sharing will be updated from time to time in Xaivier Blog. So, you are welcome to subscribe our feed, look at our sitemap or simply visit our Homepage for latest sharing.

Written by: Xaivier Chia

P/S: The above sharing is solely based on personal insight and information that believed to be reliable. Your valuable feedback are very welcome.

Advertisements:

6 comments:

wind yinz said...

After i changed the purchase limit,then i add my debit card to my Paypal account but it shows "This credit card has been denied by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was denied, please contact your credit card issuer's customer service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card."
Do I need to register MSOS?

Xaivier Chia said...

Hi Wind Yinz,

I received the similar error for my Maybank debit card initially. But after I have changed by purchase limit (to RM300) via ATM, my debit card has been successfully linked to my Paypal account and I have made quite few purchases already.

One more thing you can do is to ensure that the address of both accounts (Bank bill and Paypal account) is the same address.

For my case, I do not register MSOS. (if not mistake, MSOS is no longer available) So, I do not think it is necessary.

My suggestion is, try again after ensure the address are the same during daytime. If it is still no work. I think you may need to call Bank's operator or visit the nearest Bank.

All the best.

Ray said...

This is what maybank reply me on their facebook page;

me: Hello, can maybank debit card link with paypal?

maybank : Yes it can. Please call 1300 886688 to authorize any paypal transactions before performing the online.

Do you need to do that??

Xaivier Chia said...

Hi r,

Hmmm... So far, I still can use my Paypal that link to my debit card for online transaction directly, WITHOUT informing Maybank. So, I do not need to do that, so far.

I think you can try to link the both accounts first by follow the steps stated in the post, especially the purchase limit and address matters.

If it still does not work, then you really need to call them to authorise your transaction, or maybe directly ask them to allow your debit card link to your paypal until further notification from you.

All the best.

Muahaha said...

Hi. Is it possible that the maybank debit card being used to make oversea currency (USD, Yen etc) transaction? Thanks

Xaivier Chia said...

Yes. However, it may have some service charges and the conversion rate is dependent on the bank. Do call the customer service hotline or visit nearest branch for more info.

All the best.

Post a Comment