16 May 2013

Portfolio Review May 2013: Bull Versus Bear Market

After reviewing what I can learn from my pass experiences during the general election of Malaysia, the momentum of bull trend appears UNSTOPPABLE. Nonetheless, we should always bear in mind that a decision that made by EQ (emotion) has a very high possibility to lead us to the hell. Despite the fact that I failed to speculate (or time) the market trend, and most of my interested counters have been appreciated, it does not mean I should simply wait until the very next potential "tuning point".

As you can see, I still hold around 50% shares in my portfolio after realised some profits from SYMPHY(5622), COMCORP, and LBS. I also purchased some my interested companies with slightly high price, that are, MISC, Tongher, TienWah, and MBSB. Since their prices were not so attractive for me, I only made some purchases and wait for better offers, if any.

(Note: the buying price is adjusted if dividend has been paid)

Although the trend appears to be bull and I have around 47% cash in hand, it does not mean that I need to simply jump into the party now. Of course, it is my personal choice, and it may not the best strategy.

As a value investor, I always try to find good companies to deposit my capital for better return. Luckily, I still manage to short-list few of them. Hopefully, I will manage to cheap buy them in the future.

I must admit that it is my first time to hold more 20% cash in hand. I think I need to work harder to find any possible gap in the market. If I am still incapable of finding such good deal, then I rather to put my cash in fixed deposit first to avoid taking unnecessary risks.

That's all for today. More fascinating articles and sharing will be updated from time to time in Xaivier Blog. So, you are welcome to subscribe our feed, look at our sitemap or simply visit our Homepage for latest sharing.

Written by: Xaivier Chia

P/S: The above sharing is solely based on personal insight and information that believed to be reliable. Your valuable feedback are very welcome.

Advertisements:

No comments:

Post a Comment