05 February 2012

Making mistake is not a shame, but refusing to acknowledge and correct it




"When we think XXX will happen, YYY happens instead."

Thanks for Kathryn Schulz who delivered a great idea about "On being wrong". 

Yes, nothing is certain in this world, except death and taxes. We all make mistakes and this is how we learn and grow as human being. The ability to acknowledge and learn from mistakes is the most powerful weapon which we should have to improve the quality of our life. 

This talk also reminds me that what my senior teached me when I was a newbie in stock market investment: Making mistake is not a shame, but refusing to acknowledge and correct it. I do make lots of mistakes in stock market investment from time to time, but I also learn lots of things - from portfolio and risk management to life philosophy. When I realise that there are lots of things I need to learn, I know that there are lots of mistakes waiting for me to make and acknowledge. To me, this is how life is going, when we accept it, we are accepted as well, as part of the nature.

Lastly, "Wow, I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong."

Best wishes.

Advertisements:

No comments:

Post a Comment