You do not need to install it to your hard disk. In other words, you can use it directly after extract it to your desktop.
2. Small size
The size of file is only 59,6KB only
No more complicated instruction. All you need to do is:
1. Firstly, extract the .exe file. There are three files: readme.txt, VCdControlTool.exe, and VCdRom.sys.
2. Copy VCdRom.sys to your %systemroot%\system32\drivers folder.
3. Click On "VCdControlTool.exe" first, then Click On "Driver Control" to "Install Driver...". In fact, all you need to do is to select (install) VCdRom.sys file (from the location as stated at step 2).
4. Next, you can simply click on Add Drive to add as many virtual drives you want.
5. Finally, you can "Mount" any .ISO file to the virtual drive you have created just now.
1. Technically, no drawback is found. But if you really want to me find out one or two. I think the only disadvantage is you may forget where the files are since it is portable and does not be installed in your computer. Therefore, you need to figure out a place to store this software probably.
That's all for today. Feel free to give me a comment about this topic or any suggestion about Xaivier Blog. It will be a great support to Xaivier Blog.
Written by: Xaivier Chia