26 August 2010

Windows Live Account: 4 Important Things You Need To Know About

Today, I suddenly forget my Windows Live Account password. After reset my Windows Live password, I found some useful information from the Windows Live official email. Therefore, I have decided to share them in Xaivier Blog.

1. This official email was sent from "postmaster@windowslivemail.com" instead of any other XXX@live.com as what spammers always do.

2. In this email, it was found that it is a good idea do not click any links in e-mail. This is because fraudulent ("phishing") e-mail often uses misleading links. The recommended solution upon it is copy and paste the link into browsers directly.

3. Privacy Statement of Windows Live is available at http://g.msn.com.my/2privacy/enmy.

4. Other information of Windows Live Account site is available at https://account.live.com. (sign-in is needed)

To recap the most important thing in this post, always copy and paste the link into browsers to reduce the chance to be phished by fraudulent email. Feel free to give me a comment about this topic. It will be a great support to Xaivier Blog.

Written by: Xaivier Chia

Homepage. Advertise here. Subscribe.

Advertisements:

No comments:

Post a Comment